A Few Tips for Faster Turn Times
Appraising is an always changing profession. Regularly, it seems, appraisers are asked to offer more information or have steps added to their research. All of this is to guarantee their client has the best information possible. In order to keep up with the always changing requirements, Appraisal Services of Brandon, Inc . is always testing additional tools and tweaking processes to increase efficiency so we can do more work for our clients. Since Appraisal Services of Brandon, Inc . knows that time is important to everyone, we've listed a handful of things you can do to speed up the process on any appraisals you order from Appraisal Services of Brandon, Inc ..
- Always order your appraisals on the Internet.
- When you order online, you automatically receive e-mail confirmations that the assignment was received, and fast, secure .PDF format report delivery. This tip alone will save the most time! We don't have to manually enter information from a fax, and you don't have to wonder whether the order was received.
- Are you providing complete and accurate information about the subject property?
- Being just one number off on the street address can really unnecessarily slow down an appraisal assignment. And if you have a tax parcel number, plat map number, subdivision name or anything else that uniquely identifies the property, please pass it along. We even welcome lists of recent sales in the area — though be advised that professional appraisers must always do their own due diligence on comparable sales, and ours may differ from yours.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about your property or an assignment we're working on for you.
- Are you telling us up front any characteristics of the property that might make it unique?
- Cookie-cutter homes are relatively easy to appraise. Most of an appraiser's time is spent analyzing how unique details contribute to or detract from what otherwise would be a property's market value. Let us know up front when ordering your report if there are unique characteristics of the home or surrounding area -- for example, it's recently had an addition constructed, it's subject to zoning restrictions, it's prone to flooding. These are things we'd find out on our own anyway, and knowing them sooner makes your report arrive sooner.
- Let the occupants know what to expect.
- Confirming an appointment with the homeowner can be one of the most tedious steps in the appraisal process. Some current homeowners are clearly uncomfortable with the thought an unknown persons wants to come in their house, look around, and take abundant notes. Not uncommonly they think they must make the place spotless before the appraiser comes by, under the impression that will increase the appraised value. And will choose to not schedule the appraisal inspection until the house is cleaned.
Hearing it directly from you -- a person they've been working with on their loan -- a little bit about the appraisal process, who we are, and especially that dusting and polishing won't affect their home's value one little bit, and likely shorten the time it takes to inspect a home. Please feel free to point your customers to this website, where we have many pages of helpful information for homeowners as well as others about the appraisal process. Tell them to call us if they want to meet the staff and learn more about our services. Remind them it's in their interest to set the appointment promptly!
- Our website is a great resource for tracking the status of your report.
- No more phone and fax tag. Up-to-the-minute status updates are available online, anytime, 24/7. As each important milestone in an assignment is completed, that information is available instantly to you online. It's never been easier to track your report's status.